Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are-ireland-and-leinster-the-biggest-chokers-in-world-rugby ?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,545 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

The point I was making is they don't have a yearly competition they are worried about winning or losing.

The 6 nations is a huge competition, all the teams in it want to win it, I have yet to see a team go into the competition saying they don't care about it. Eddie Jones would try that after England was out of it and one of the main reasons why I think the RFU dumped him.

Did SA care they won no rugby championships between the last WC? No

Did NZ fans rate the management team after they won the Rugby Championship a number of times between the WC? no they didn't and even after they won it post the Ireland series win, fans didnt care and still wanted the coaching ticket fired

if NZ was in the 6 nations and they won 4 6 nations in a row, would Foster head be on the chopping block like it was?

Rassie got the job in 2017, June and then joined in December. When Coetzee was coach didn't they have loads of rules about who SA could and couldn't pick? overseas players couldn't get picked etc, when Rassie came back they got rid of all of those rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

How did I forget 95!

3rd place 99 I can't recall that match at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭ersatz

WC is huge for SA but I don't believe for a second that they'd sacrifice other big matches for it, including the RC. They experiment and bring in new players to field inexperienced teams far more than Ireland do but just look at the level of hype for the Ireland series, no way they were expecting to or happy with losing one of those matches. They prepare well for WCs and have an absolute expectation of winning it, and the confidence to back it up, and I think that's the most significant difference with how they approach it. Rugby is probably the biggest sport in SA and its certainly the one that national prestige is most closely related to, the boks absolutely want to win every test they play, its mad to suggest otherwise.

Advertisement