Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car Stolen - Limerick area

• 30-06-2024 6:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭

would appreciate it if you could keep an eye out for a metallic grey Audi TT 171-D-23192.

Taken 02:15 this morning. Might be stored somewhere in the open waiting to see if tracker.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭patrickc

Hope you get it back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭Avatar in the Post

Car found Relatively undamaged (Rathkeale, near a mobile dwelling), but after the 10 days were up and I had already accepted the Liberty insurance offer which was slightly over what I requested (based on Main Dealer prices) even after deduction of excess. So, very impressed with Liberty insurance ! Have heard of horror stories.

“Our assessor has reviewd the pre-theft value of your vehicle, using VMA iCap, a valuation tool widely used in the motor trade, by motor assessors and insurance companies.  It compares similar vehicles currently for sale/recently sold and makes adjustments for mileage and vehicle history.  Due to the lack of similar examples, a manual valuation was carried out by the VMS valuation team who placed a value of €30,782 on your vehicle.  The VMS valuation includes an expected discount from the asking price, so can be on the low side.  Having considered this, I feel a fair valuation would be €31,500 and would make an offer on this value.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,611 ✭✭✭goochy

so you are getting car back ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,242 ✭✭✭User1998

They’ve been paid out so the insurance company will sell the car and recoup some of their losses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,975 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

The insurance company effectively bought the car off the original poster. I'm sure the OP can offer to buy it back if he/she wants it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭paulpd

Out of curiosity, how did they take it? Did they break into the house?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Mac 3

Glad you got sorted. Its nice to hear a good news story regarding the boys in blue and the insurance company settling so quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,912 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Rathkeale of course…. No other words needed….

Yip, drilled a side entrance door lock. CCTV (from neighbour) showed them entering the property at 2am, were gone 2:15. Wife and I weren't even in the same county. Our young adult kids were upstairs and didn't hear a thing. Thankfully they broke in, found the keys in the kitchen and left (subsequently realised they took a watch I had sentimental value of, was worth approx €350). That and the door fix (better lock) came to damages/loss of €473 in the house, so not worth claiming on the house ins.

Designer glasses taken in the car, and not there when recovered. But, VERY happy with the way Liberty have handled it.

Car allegedly (although the Gardai didn't use that word) was used in robberies. It's a fairly rare car, BUT, they had copied plates from a car in Wexford that was the same, make, model etc. so it wouldn't look suspicious going through toll roads.

I'll not look to buy the car, but I had it 7 years and it was bullet proof, never even had a puncture. I'll miss it in one way, but when I went to check it out at the holding garage, I didn't feel like it was my car. I had already 'mourned' it. I didn't check the mileage they put up on it, but it didn't appear damaged. There was a little bit of plastic under the seat of the car, not sure what where it was from. That might have been from the gardai doing their forensics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,611 ✭✭✭goochy

surprised they only give 10 days before counting car as ' gone '

Yeah, seems to be very good. I've had two people at work that will be switching to Liberty at their next quote based on my experience.

One niggle, the hire car was only for 5 days. So, there was a gap. But, overall, not complaining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Very speedy settlement, I remember about 10 years back a friend had a sub €1000 car robbed and it was near 2 months getting settled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,492 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

given that explanation is n, I would spend the next 6 months ensuring that criminal charges were pursued. You’d be amazed at what is allowed to pass once the property is recovered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,912 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Not a hope travellers would be pursued by The Guards

Advertisement