Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hurley on Ryanair Flight.

Options
  • 30-06-2024 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭

Travelling to Spain from Shannon on Saturday.

My young lad what's to bring his hurley with him. Could I strap it to the suit case and check it in with our luggage?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Sunjava

I was thinking about this recently. It could be worth a try, as long as the hurl does stick out or overlap the case. You could clingfilm wrap it to the case, it might be picked up at check-in, depending on what sort of scan is done. Alternatively you could pay for the equipment option…It might be €50 or something along those lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Ted222

unless you can fit it in a case that’s going in the hold, I wouldn’t chance it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

it’s a walking stick. Bring it into the plane

• Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭granturismo

I saw security at Dublin airport take a hurl from an american tourist. She was told she should have put it in her checked luggage.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,407 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Hurley strapped to a bag, I’d imagine there would be a high likelihood it would get broken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,914 ✭✭✭appledrop

Nope not allowed, DAA just issued a reminder on this two days ago, I'll try to post the link.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/lifestyle/travel/dublin-airport-issues-hand-luggage-33250022.amp

Advertisement