Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying mobile home or Log cabin

• 30-06-2024 11:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭

Hi , a few questions I would like to ask those who live in either.
    Thinking of putting one of either structures beside my mother’s house.
    I have access to electricity, water and septic tank. It’s in the country and it will be located behind the home place.

I be living with my wife and 3 year old daughter.
    What advice would you have? Would a pvc external log cabin be a better option than a mobile home?
    The pvc unit looks like a typical country shed and probably could be converted into a shed if we were asked to take it down by the council.

What are the possibility’s of the council doing that or is it common?

Part of the reason we want to live there is that we are not invaded my mothers privacy, yet we are close for her as she moves up in the years. Also there is good schools nearby and we want to have country living .

Look forward to any tips or tricks or advice.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,133 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Get planning permission and adhere to all the requirements for a residential unit. If you're not planning on either you're looking for advice on illegal activity.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,614 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Can’t imagine anyone openly advising you to break the law and put your parents at risk of prosecution so I’d say neither.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

A mobile home would be the better option of the two mentioned but better again would be a permanent structure, you could look into the prospect of building a granny flat as either an extension on your mothers house of 40 square meters or less (which would not require palnning permission) or as a stand alone stucture that would require planning.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Advertisement