Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not All Gays - anti-Belong To/anti-trans gays

Options
  • 30-06-2024 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭

https://thecritic.co.uk/irelands-gender-jesuits/

Anyone ever dealt with these guys? I was sympathetic, because I do believe that the L,G,B, T should be split (but still with venn diagrams when necessary). But I've talked to these guys. Ignorant entirely of trans people (they write off intersex trans women as 'men with sexual development disorders' and don't want same sex-attracted trans women in their group even if they acknowledge it. They are simply fuelled by incuriosity, discomfort and embarassment, not to mention distrust. But I feel sorry for their leader. It seems once she didn't have a problem, and something hit. Her mother is a publisher who constantly laughs at and belittles trans people. So maybe it runs in the family.

It just feels that while I believe that pronouns and stuff are a lesser issue than some make out to be, that these people are being ignroant for the sake of it, falling into the trap of hailing dead youtuber Magdalen Berns, simply cos she can't speak back. I wonder do any of us know her former 'trans friends' and wonder what they think about it.

Advertisement