Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning in principle

Options
  • 01-07-2024 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭

One of the fields on my farm.borders the M8 motorway. The field is small,aapprox1.5ac. it's remote from the rest of the farm so I'm wondering if it would make a suitable site for sale. Is there a process for applying for planning in principle for sites like this? I don't want to go wasting my time putting it on the market if its an out-of-hand "no" because of motorway proximity.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,376 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

An outline planning permission is essentially planning in principle.
    Will be cheaper and quicker to figure out if it is worth pursuing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Check the zoning first.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,127 ✭✭✭✭muffler

The cheapest way is free. As above check the zoning and then arrange a pre-planning meeting with the local planner. But you won't be allowed a new entrance to the field from the motorway. Unless you have access from another public road I wouldn't see any way of getting planning.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,642 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

quite possible as well that you will be required to maintain a 100m separation from the road edge of the motorway.

as above, apply for a pre planning meeting where all these issues will be highlighted

• Registered Users Posts: 39,376 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I assumed from OP that the site had some other access, and also happened to be in proximity to the motorway.

If that’s the intended access I wouldn’t even bother with the meeting.

• Advertisement
Advertisement