Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wimbledon 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Very clued in, doesn't talk over the play either.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,371 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Gaudf a set and a break down to Navarro, I was not expecting that!!

Navarro is turning into quite the player.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Atrocious stuff from Gauff. Still yet to make a Wimbledon QF, but time is thankfully on her side.

One of Sun, Vekic, Paolini or Navarro will make the final. Paolini would make the most sense as the #7 seed, but Sun making it from qualies would be an incredible story.

And win for Navarro.

Unfortunately up against Paolini next, two of my current favourite female players (now that Gauff is gone) - I'll be well conflicted watching that!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,700 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

"Karma" 🙄

Raducanu's under no obligation whatsoever to put her own health at risk to facilitate yet another Murray farewell, particularly when he'd had one literally two days prior.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭dublin49

have to laugh at the carry on of Gauff pleading with her coach to say something to improve her performance ,"STOP HITTING IT INTO THE NET" comes to mind.

God, this Ostapenko/Putinseva match is being played at a rate of knots 😳

Somefairly wild play, and some fairly wild challenges as well! I think it could be a far better match if they both just could calm down a bit....

It's a rare day when Ostapenko is the calm one on the court!!!

Zverev down a break in the 5th set...looking good for Fritz!

• Advertisement

🤞🤞🤞

Fritz takes it, played very well, Zverev out. Good tight match.

Great match.

Now if Rune can just take out Djokovic, all will be well with the world!

Hmmm...... not looking too likely so far..... 3 games down and he hasn't won a point yet 🙄

Djokovic now up a break in the second set...

Djokovic misses a series of set points (6!) Rune finally holds. Djokovic now serving for second set.

OK, that's me out 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 7,658 ✭✭✭Floppybits

I know the summer is crap but Kyrgios is dressed like it is the middle of december. Djokovic not impressed with some of the crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

He's just doing the Michael Jordan 'And I took that personally...' thing.

It's a part of what makes Novak, Novak.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭ebbsy

+1

Murray was not fit enough to play any match, he stole some other players chance to play.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Djokovic gets ever more cranky and thick as he gets older.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Jack Daw

It's a pity he wan't more like this during his career. He spent a good few years trying to be nicey nicey and it didn't suit him at all, all that love in with the ball kids etc, you could see it was all put on to try and get some love from the crowd.

If he just embraced being a prick for all of his career he'd have been much more likeable in my opinion as at least he would have been being true to himself.

Nothing wrong with sports people being like that in a competitive environment as long as it doesn't detract from how they play (like it does with Kyrgios).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭dublin49

De Minaur rolled his ankle on last point yesterday,this is opening up for Djock,hardly tested yet,Fritz shouldnt trouble him on Friday and one tough match in the final ,looking good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,658 ✭✭✭Floppybits

I expect Alcaraz will have to much for Tommy Paul and that will be a 3 setter. The Sinner/Medvedev match to be a cracker and go 5 sets with Sinner coming out on top.

Hard to call the women's matches you would expect Vekic and Paolini to come through those but then again it's women's tennis so anything is possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Testy Djokovic is a thousand times more likeable than Pandering Djokovic.

In people's minds, you gatecrashed the Rafa/Roger rivalry. It is what it is. Just embrace being that guy, own it and plough through the field. The growing respect people would have had for simply relentlessly winning without restraint would have eventually led to people admiring and probably loving him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,450 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Medvedev gets the first break in the match in the second and takes the set. Lost the first on a tie breaker.

Momentum with Med in the third.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Haven't watched enough of Sinner to know his form, but he looked knackered after the tie break.

Now looks like he's complaining about being dizzy!

He looks proper shook

• Registered Users Posts: 11,238 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

• Advertisement

Can't see Sinner making any deny in this set now.

He still doesn't look right, I wonder would he last 5 sets if he could somehow take the 4th.

Advertisement