Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting TV dish refocused

Options
  • 01-07-2024 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

My dish was working well but not securely fixed to balcony. I engaged a firm to fix it. but they made a mess of job leaving system not working. I now have managed to refocus hotbird, which gets all the continental channels and CNN but I'm having problems getting Astra 28 which is used by all British stations. Any suggestions would be appreciated.. I am unwilling to get local company again. after recent experience. I live south Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,474 ✭✭✭swoofer

you don’t give enough information. What sat were you getting when it was working? What size is dish? Is it a single output lnb or a quad.? What receiver are you using? The elevation of dish for 28e will be different than 13e. For a balcony you can buy a bracket?

Post edited by swoofer on

• Registered Users Posts: 19 rambling

Thanks. There are 2 LNBs, 1 for Astra 28 and 1 for Hotbird. Both were working perfectly until I got Dublin Company to secure system following repair work on the balcony. They left leaving nothing working. I got Hotbird going again but so far not Astra. You mention a bracket. what function would a bracket serve? Receiver has not changed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,474 ✭✭✭swoofer

You have dish on balcony, it is not secure so you get a company that cks UP. By using a proper bracket the dish will be secure and wont wobble. You set the centre LNB on HOTBIRD and once you have a good signal on that you move the lnb for 28 east along the bracket but you must have that LNB higher than the lnb for hotbird.

Its unusual to have just 13e and 28e but it can be done. To do as you want you have to have the correct elevation on the dish and it has to be perfectly straight. With dishpointer.com and using dublin this gives dish elevation for 13, 19 and 28.

Address: dublin
    Latitude: 53.3498°
    Longitude: -6.2603°

Satellite: 28.2E, 19.2E(c), 13E
    Elevation: 24.7° = dish

here is a pic that shows what i mean Just put hotbird where 19 is.

Here is a link for brackets.

https://www.satworld.ie/mounting-brackets/balcony-brackets/

When getting 28east select say BBC1 on receiver then slowly move lnb along bracket until you get pic and sound. go slow.

That's basically it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 c2r

You can also get some dishes with the LNB brackets preset for the satellites - e.g. the Visiosat Bisat G3 I have has fixings for 19.2, 28, and 13 E meaning that all you need to do is set the initial focus on one of the satellites and the others are then already aligned. You can get a satellite meter, and on a balcony with easy access it should be quite straightfoward to align it all properly. I'd be getting the company you had in out again to do the job properly I think

Advertisement