Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pearl Jam.

Options
  • 01-07-2024 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭

Hi,

How are you all keeping?

I am a big PJ fan and went to their recent Marlay Park gig... and loved it.

On the night, Eddie said he felt outta breath and Mike stepped in with an epic solo...

I think the band gave everything and seemed to really enjoy it..

Since then, it appears as if Eddie has picked up a bug, maybe Covid, struggled through the Manchester gig and the band subsequently cancelled both London and Berlin shows.

This has resulted in many fans being upset, disappointed.. some saying this is their 3/4th gig cancellation from PJ and that they will not travel to see the band again...

Some just wish Eddie well.

Some suggest the band picked too big venues, the tickets were too expensive for European audiences and that possibly they should have pucked smaller venues...

Will Ed recover?

Is it just a short term illness or a symptom of age and or damage to his vocal chords?

Will they salvage this tour?

will the band tour Europe again?

Will Ed / the band have to adapt their performances to sustain their touring?

• fewer older, high energy songs
    • more unplugged type song
    • shorter gigs
    • fewer gigs
    • Ed cutting out cigs and booze..

I would be interested in what any PJ fans think about all of this...

thanks for reading,

A.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭kd82

It seems a bit of a **** happens thing. He mentioned it midway through the set so it's not as if the show in Dublin did it to him, it was there beforehand. The European gigs seem well spread out so I don't think it's the lungs or recovery, more a case that he got something before coming over. I really don't think ticket sales were a factor. They might add a whistle stop arena dates early next year to try make up for it I'd imagine. I think they're heading to Oz late in the year so I can't see it happening this year.

Advertisement