Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dodder photo group

Options
  • 01-07-2024 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

I called by recently and there was no body around. The banks do look very over grown. Has it fallen out of favour ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭leche solara

It always becomes quieter in the summer when all the trees are in full leaf and it's very hard to see anything. You could walk from Lower Dodder Road down as far as Milltown, and hear plenty of birdsong, but not see much. The kingfishers have also been less frequent visitors for a few months now. The reasons for this aren't clear but the 9 months of rain, which increased the depth and speed of the river, are thought to be a factor. Every year during the so called Summer months, June, July, August, there are far fewer photographers there. From September to May I would be there 3 or 4 times per week, but in the other months I might only visit once a month, unless there is news of something special being seen on the river.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭The Ging and I

Thanks for your answer, I agree about hearing and not seeing. I heard jays but they are secretive most days. I did see the king fisher twice passing but never landing.

Advertisement