Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pain weeks after RCT

Options
  • 01-07-2024 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

I had RCT 2 weeks ago on a bottom molar) as I was having hot/cold sensitivity and felt rushed in my face like I had an infection.

The dentist showed me the X-ray and it looked like all 3 canals were filled. I have to go back on 6 mths for the crown,
    a week afterwards I started feeling a zapp like pain when I ate/drank hot food. It doesn’t happen all the time but enough to notice it. It’s almost a feeling like you eat a bit of tinfoil by mistake. The tooth then feels a bit achy for a while afterwards.
    I went back to him and told and he was quite dismissive and said it must be the bite and filed away some of the filling. A week later I’m back to square one….i wished I’d gone to an endontist and not a gen dentist …I’ve already forked out 700 euro.. I’ve started some antibiotics he prescribed at the initial appointment to see if it is residual infection ….what should I do…will this subside or should I go straight to an endontist…I don’t want to see this dentist again ….

Advertisement