Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone TV issue

Options
  • 01-07-2024 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi there,

Wondering if anyone else has had this experience?

I have had Vodafone TV and broadband for a long period of time now. I sent a DM via X/Twitter into their customer care team to see if I could get my monthly bill reduced. They did in fairness, and offered me a new set-top box.

Initially, I was delighted to get this. They told me about all the new special new features it carried. Alas when I tried to connect it to my television, I could not, as there is only the possibility to connect via HDMI between the television and the box. My television is kinda ancient!

However, I did buy a Scart-HDMI converter. But that didn't work, the television didn't even recognise the adapter. My old box has stopped working. I have called Vodafone to see if they can reactivate the old box and I will keep using that. However, they've said it's not possible.

I went into a high-street Vodafone branch, and was advised they could do nothing for me. But if I call and be very insistent with the customer service team, I might have some luck.

But it's looking like I might need to buy a new television, something I really do not want to do if it can be avoided.

I'm wondering if anyone has had this experience and can offer some advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭Delta2113

2 options:-

1. Convince customer service team and get your old set-top box re-provisioned back on to your account.
    2. Buy a new television so new set-top box will work.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Even if you do 1 and managed to be successful - and it’s worth a try I guess - you need to consider it a stop gap. Vodafone will want to migrate all their tv customers over to TV Play and eventually they will want to shut down the old platform and they won’t keep it going just for you.

Scart is old tech now, HDMI has been about nearly 20 years. None of the new generation TV platforms support it as far I know. I know, no need to be junking a set if it’s still working and doing the job but if it’s Scart only at this stage it must be approaching end of life for a TV anyway.

Advertisement