Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Previously with South East Radio, now Involved with Other Irish Stations

• 01-07-2024 9:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭

Wexfords's South East Radio has been broadcasting since 1989. A lot of people must have gone through the station in its time.

Here is what I came up with so far, however brief some people's time with SER was.

Scott Williams – Dublin’s Q102

Barry Dunne – Dublin’s 98FM

Marty Miller – Radio Nova

Keith Shanley – Midlands Radio, and CharityRadio.ie

John Keogh – Group Director of News, Bauer Media Audio Ireland

Rick O’Shea – RTE Gold

Barry Dunne was one of a number of presenters of a program called Power FM. There must be others still involved with Irish radio. I think quite a few of the Power FM presenters, like Barry, had come from the Dublin '90s pirate scene.

Can you think of more examples of people who used to have involvement with South East Radio and now have involvement with other Irish stations?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 672 ✭✭✭TheBMG

Enda Caldwell

Phil Cawley

Bryan Lambert

Darragh O’Dea

Tracey Lee

Dave Redmond

Paul Kennedy

Paul Duffy

there’s been a few

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Some of them are currently with South East Radio: Phil Cawley and Dave Redmond, so don't count. Some are no longer involved with Irish radio: Darragh O'Dea and Tracey Lee. I thought of all four of those and ruled them out for those reasons.

Enda Caldwell did turn up on Radio Nova over the post-Christmas/New Year period, but I'm not sure if he has any current Irish radio gigs. Edit: One of the stations he is currently involved with is Northern Ireland based Eirewave.

Is Bryan Lambert still involved with Irish radio? If so, where is he? I had thought of Paul Duffy, but somehow forgot to fully check him. Is he the same Paul Duffy currently involved with online (and former pirate) station Freedom FM?

I looked up Paul Kennedy. He is currently with Northern Ireland's Cool FM. Thanks for that.

I have another name for the list. Aidan Delaney, a former broadcast journalist with South East Radio, is currently a news and sports anchor with Newstalk.

Another name for the list: Steve K of Spin1038 and Today FM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭squonk

Was Keith Shanley with CKR or Galway Bay FM for a while? I remember hearing him somewhere but not sure and it definitely wasn’t South East Radio. I’ve never heard the station b

• Advertisement

From Linkedin:

PRESENTING EXPERIENCE

Charity Radio.ie Current - Programmes Director
    Midlands Radio - Current - Main Cover Presenter
    Christmas FM Breakfast Show - Dec 2008 - Dec 2014
    Heartbeat FM - October – December 2010
    Sunshine / Country Mix (Dublin) - 2 years - Programme Director & Breakfast/Talk Show Presenter
    KFM Kildare - 4 years
    CKR Carlow / Kildare - 10 years

From an article in Radio Today about the line up for a proposed country radio station for a license competition a few years ago:

Keith Shanley (formerly Programme Director & presenter at Country Mix, presenter on KFM Kildare, Midlands in Tullamore, KCLR and South East Radio).

I could not find any link with Galway Bay FM, but he has been involved with Galway-based online station Planet Radio.

Advertisement