Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda Pubs for Craft Beer

Options
  • 02-07-2024 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Does anyone know if any of the pubs in Drogheda have any Independent options on tap or by bottle? I've checked Untapped but there isn't much action and I fear since Boyne Brewhouse was sold, the choice in pubs could have disappeared.

I'm up there on Saturday and will head for a look at the rugby and football, so any pointers welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭JoeLapira

Sally Cinnamons is a Mexican restaurant/bar and have a couple of Craft taps. It's quite small and is normally booked out but that's the only place to get it really. The odd place has Boyne Pale Ale taps but I've never been to one at a time when the tap is actually pouring. Few other spots will have Boyne Bottles, and The Cross had Rascals Cans in the fridge the last time I was there. The biggest town in Ireland is truly a black hole for independent beers unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭DelmarODonnell

Just to close this off. Was in a few of Drogheda's finest establishments and you were right, the pickings were very slim. Clarke's (an absolute beaut of a pub) had Boyne Pale Ale by the bottle. None of Sarsfields, Peggy Moores or Barney Macs had anything of note.

A town full of characters but just needs a few more beers of character to match the people!

Advertisement