Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you keep lists ?

Options
  • 02-07-2024 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

I store links and screenshots of work or diy related stuff

A few other shopping or current to-do lists

Then i delete the lot because i feel that the lists are controlling my life and then I start all over again

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Charlo30

Yes. My daily list consist of:

1 - Invade Poland

2 - Trample the weak

3 - Triumph alone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

I do this OP. I keep lists on the notes in my phone. I have to do daily, weekly, monthly, long term as well as paperwork that needs doing and gifts I may buy. The phone will be gone long before most of that stuff gets done.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,199 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I've started doing it recently. I'm using google keep notes. Although any other suggestions would be welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Babyreignbow

I used to keep updating shopping lists with alexa throughout the week and then deleting it once completed. I just set some time aside and write shopping lists out now because I like pens and the act of sitting down and writing.

I keep a pen and notepad on the coffee table and write something at least once a day. If I have to make a phone call, I'll usually jot some bullet points down before hand to help keep it concise. When I'm recieving a call I pick up a pen and scribble random nothings that should probably be analysed by a professional.

I have lists everywhere, my cupboards are full of hand written recipes and my bathroom door has become a pinboard for positive affirmations and breathing exercises that I need reminding of everytime I use the room. Yes I keep lists.

If a thousand suns were to rise
    and stand in the noon sky, blazing,
    such brilliance would be like the fierce
    brilliance of that mighty Self.”

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Okay I keep a few lists:

Shopping List: I use family wall website for this as we can all add things to it etc so nothing is missed.

Hit List: This is ever growing and will never end.

Black Book: My list of names and numbers for happy times :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,462 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

I keep written lists, I list out jobs around the house, shopping lists, things to be done such as, paying bills or buying a birthday present.

I keep lists in work as well I write down all the tasks I have to do for the day and cross them off as I do them.

I have been keeping lists for years it works for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,462 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Write them on a post it note and keep the on your desk in work and a side table at home, visually seeing the notes works better plus you get the Satisfaction of ticking them off as you do them.

It keeps your thoughts ordered as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Baba Yaga

yes…i have a sh1t list and a christmas card list…ive one person left on the christmas card list…the sh1t list takes up two full size ledgers…

"They gave me an impossible task,one which they said I wouldnt return from...."

ps wheres my free,fancy rte flip-flops...?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,665 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

I maintain a block list on this site. Makes it slightly more enjoyable when you can block the inane and mindless opinions of some of the bores around this place. Especially the ones who follow you around from thread to thread like a beggar looking for change.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,594 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Trakt for TV and films is good.

Lots of notes on phone for other things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Yes, I've always kept lists for everything, and my family loves to slag me about this. In the past year, I've migrated to using the Notes app on my phone. I always have lists for groceries, house to do, garden to do, work to do, and I also maintain lists of links to research related to my job with key points. If I'm packing for anything, there will also be lists. My whole life is in lists.

Post edited by Hippodrome Song Owl at

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭drury..

I put the future to-do list into the cloud with my other stuff

I'll probably keep a present to-do list which is my current routine plus good habits

• Registered Users Posts: 21,330 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Hi Bob😉. Yes I keep a to do list. Saves space in my brain, for lots of rubbish. Actually find it mentally very good, once I have it noted, part of me says, that job is done. all I have to do is follow through on the decision. Similarly, I don't decide to go for a walk. I decide to put on my walking shoes, the actual walk is not a decision, strange maybe, but it works.

Advertisement