Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What cars did you wish for when you were younger but have no desire to own now?

Options
  • 02-07-2024 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,779 ✭✭✭

I always dreamed of owning a Porsche 911 Turbo back in the day when I was in my 20s/30s. Nowadays I have absolutely no interest in them other than to admire their style.

I'd prefer something like an A6 or a Camry now for comfort and space.

Post edited by Comhrá at

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 14,559 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Nissan 350z

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Testarossa

• Registered Users Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Cossie

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,487 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Weidly I always thought a Toyota Yaris or a Honda HRV would be my first car.

Glad I avoided that embarrassment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Miscreant

A 3 door Seat Cordoba was mine. They sold them in small numbers in the UK and I thought they were "cool" when I was in my late teens and getting into driving. I certainly would not want one now… but I am on the look out for a nice Peugeot 106 GTi though 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Iscreamkone

Toyota MR2 🤦‍♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Always loved Celica's when I was a young lad, would have non interest now in my 40s.

If I had the money and somewhere to keep it, I'd have a Jensen Interceptor.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,399 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

The Batmobile

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭ARX

Ford Capri 2.8i.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭jsmrf

1993 Toyota Supra JZ80, twin turbo charged of course, but even if I could afford the €200k+ price tag I would be deathly afraid of writing it off so it would likely end up being a garage queen which, imho, isn't right. Car's like that need to be driven.

• Advertisement

What's so embarrassing about a Yaris? they're mighty yokes. Did you mean an Aygo perhaps? I wouldn't want to be seen in one of them to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Qaanaaq

Audi GT Coupe 1980 version…..just because it looked like the rally car Audi quattro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭cute geoge

Opel manta with the round lights from 1987 ,

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,487 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

The 1999 Yaris as an early 20 something wouldn't have gone down well with my street cred!

Ah, yeah fair enough. I had the 2005+ model in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Still happens to me all the time....a car comes out I really like it and think I'll buy one of those in a few years for a bargain, then a few years passes, the car is affordable but no longer desirable.

Range rovers, 7 series, A8, A7, S Class, 911, always wanted them but never bought any of them. I could buy used ones but no longer want them.

I bought some of the cars I wanted over the years, at the moment there's nothing out I really want. I've gone EV and staying there so nothing ice interests me really.

Wanted an Etron GT since they came out but I don't want a saloon anymore after having hatchback and SUV they are just much more practical. So I'm at it again. Maybe a taycan Turismo when the prices drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Shellfishfcuker

A '71 Opel GT. I came very close to owning one in my 20s. I'm 6'2"and in my 20s I would have squeezed into one, but now I'd have to sit on the roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭webpal

Saab turbo c. 80’s, black

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Chippy01

90's NSX.
    Too old and creaky to get into one now……………………….but I can still dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,364 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

saab 900, Audi quattro mk1, opel manta 400. all from watching rallys in the day.

• Advertisement
Advertisement