Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre Broadband

Options
  • 02-07-2024 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi all,

I've just switched over to Sky Fibre broadband, they ran the cable up to the house, through the ESB box outside and up into the Attic. So the router is up in the Attic, I tested the speed and it's nearly 500mbps at the router.

But once I come out of the attic onto the first floor and especially downstairs I lose all strength. So I hooked up a TP link Deco (AC 1200 Mesh M4Vi), 1 to router, 1 top stairs, 1 downstairs), but I'm losing the majority or 80% of the wifi speed.

Are there any extenders that will give me more WiFi speed? Only getting between 50 and 100 at the moment.

I know best option is to drill hole in wall and bring it through downstairs.

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement