Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung A34 Slow Charging is Very Slow (suddenly)

Options
  • 02-07-2024 2:03pm
    Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭

In the last week or two my six month old Samsung A34 has decided that it doesn't like non-fast chargers.

Up until recently, I could charge the phone at my desk using any of a number of USB-C cables and plugs (or connected into laptop) and it would harge fine (just not as fast as the fast charger at home).

Now, no matter what cable or manner in which the cable gets plugged in is any use. Currently the phone is at 62% and it is displaying that it will take 14h 46m to charge fully. It initially displays a message about the cable or plug may not be supported or may be damaged, etc.

The usual power eaters are off (bluetooth, WiFi, Location, Adaptive Display). I've even turned on flight mode and it is still looking at 14h 46m.

I've also cleaned the charging port using compressed air (or rather from a bike pump).

I recall a recent software update and looking at the Android software gives me this which could point towards a possible cause…

All apps are up-to-date as of last night.

Any ideas as to resolving the issue?

Advertisement