Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Special Rapporteur for action plan against racism announced

Options
  • 02-07-2024 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2024/0702/1457717-special-rapporteur-ebun-joseph/

Government has announced Dr Ebun Joseph as Special Rapporteur for the National Plan Against Racism (NAPAR) which was published over a year ago. The National Plan Against Racism aims to make Ireland a place in which the impacts of racism are fully acknowledged and actively addressed.

In her role as Special Rapporteur, Dr Joseph will monitor progress towards the objectives of the NAPAR. The Special Rapporteur may also consider matters pertaining to racial equality more broadly, and will have the authority to request information and data from public bodies to support them in carrying out the role.

Here she is arguing for affirmative action in Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Ebun Joseph has made a lot of statements about Ireland being an institutionally racist country over the years. This appointment would discredit those assertions surely?

Perhaps somebody with a more nuanced approach to these issues may have been a more prudent appointment.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Coolcormack1979

greens getting all the plants in place before there oblivion at next election.this free country is doomed

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Mick ah

Anyone with two brain cells to rub together knows that this is just race baiting BS.

Ireland is not a racist country.

Arguing for affirmative action in Ireland is ridiculous. But this government seems allergic to common sense.

Unfortunately most people are just too busy getting on with their lives, meanwhile state funded grifters like Joseph will continue riding the (majority white) tax payers for everything their worth while complaining that they're racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,891 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Ireland is not a racist country

Unless you happen to be a Traveller.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Yep, big bad racists discriminating against them. Nothing they do themselves could cause people to have negative opinions at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Mick ah

I have a feeling that Dr. Joseph doesn't really care for our indigenous, white, minority.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Its a grand job if you can get it. I didn't see it go up on Public jobs, must've missed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,383 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Minority focused NGO's do nothing else but exaggerate as far as they possibly can racism and every phobia going. That's what they have to do to exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭muzakfan

Jesus. The most racist person in the country. You couldn't make it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,562 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

She simply worked twice as hard for the same appointment. Honest….

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

Isn't she the lady who accused waiting staff of racism for giving her the wrong drink?

Open to correction if I'm wrong...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭archfi

Shane O'Curry from 'INAR' was on Morning Ireland whinging that her recommendations would not be mandatory and no doubt right now that's what he and she is working toward with much help from her enablers in the watermelon party.

The presenter and O'Curry both agreed that she is 'very highly thought of', so there's that for informing the listeners…

Expect US DEI to be exponentially ramped up across all of our institutions even when it is already here.

Post edited by archfi at

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Absolutely disgusting appointment. She's a very divisive character who has no place in a role like that which should go to a member of the travelling community.

Some of her outrages in the past like the statues at the Shelbourne hotel shows how much of a clown she is . She see's racism in everything and has an anti white bias...in Ireland. FFS.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 7,572 ✭✭✭suvigirl

So it's ok to discriminate against individual travellers because of the actions of some ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭Jack Daw

Exactly, she's a horribly divisive unlikeable figure completely unsuited for a role as this, more proof of how out of touch politicians are with everyday people.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭LubaDriver

The main problem with appointing someone like Joseph is that her opinions on the issue are already widely known and has not demonstrated an ability to be moderate - she believes that the country is institutionally racist, and doesn't come to the question with an open mind. It stands to reason that any and all reports from her will almost certainly say that this is a massive problem and that more funding and legislation is required to address it.

And thats fine when its coming from a privately funded lobby or interest group, but it should not come from a State funded office.

I'm getting really tired of the State funding the State to lobby itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭kabakuyu

We are FU$%%$

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭giseva

Scary times we live in. Given her perceived issues with Ireland, I can't for the life of me figure out why she would want to live and prosper in this horrible little oppressive, racist country.

Is there any space colonies going? I've had enough down here.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭cal naughton

A fantastic appointment i hope she gets lots of airtime on RTE to show the country how crazy and dangerous she is.

She will sow more division between people and will pit us against each other. The mask will slip as she won't be able to help herself. Prepare for lot's of Ribena gates!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,605 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

No big issues with the position, but she is a dreadful, appalling candidate for the job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭gw80

What are your thoughts on the the person mentioned in the op?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭giseva

• Registered Users Posts: 4,887 ✭✭✭enricoh

Heard her on telly before - I assume she trained as a doctor in the same place as Dr. Oetker!

Surely this is too much work alone for her, can we get lucky khumbule in on the gravy train too. It'd be racist not to!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,994 ✭✭✭conorhal

I honestly believe that the government does things like these as a demoralization tactic and a humiliation ritual. We are living in a 'Cultural Revolution struggle session' conducted by the Government and NGO's against us and I think Theodore Dalrymple hit the nail on the head when describing this sort of stuff:

“Political correctness is communist propaganda writ small. In my
    study of communist societies, I came to the conclusion that the purpose
    of communist propaganda was not to persuade or convince, not to inform,
    but to humiliate; and therefore, the less it corresponded to reality the
    better. When people are forced to remain silent when they are being
    told the most obvious lies, or even worse when they are forced to repeat
    the lies themselves, they lose once and for all their sense of probity.
    To assent to obvious lies is in some small way to become evil oneself.
    One's standing to resist anything is thus eroded, and even destroyed. A
    society of emasculated liars is easy to control. I think if you examine
    political correctness, it has the same effect and is intended to.”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Stephen_Maturin

Anti racism platform?

Let’s give it to the biggest racist in the country

Honestly it’s as if the government deliberately try and fũck everything up as much as they possibly can

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭foxsake

im sure she will be balanced and fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,849 ✭✭✭growleaves

US-style race division and chaos being recreated artificially in Ireland.

Hard to think of a less wise course of action yet here we.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,572 ✭✭✭suvigirl

I Don't think much of her tbh, very divisive person.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭susan678

Ireland has had one of the fastest demographic transformations of any county in history.

Chancers skip over loads of safe countries to get here.

This race grifter has got a cosy number at our expense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭DarkJager21

It's always easy to spot those with minimal to no real world experience of travellers when comments like this get rolled out.

As for this appointment, absolutely disgusting decision. Ebun is a black racist and I'd happily pay for her one way ticket out of here, might as well have given Justin Barrett the job.

Advertisement