Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Special Rapporteur for action plan against racism announced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Large bottle small glass

Critical Race Theory was developed in the USA which has a very complicated history with racial relations primarily black/white.

It has no place here or anywhere else for that matter.

It thrives in the modern social media driven victim culture; where rather than take ownership of you or your groups problems lets put on the victim cloak and blame someone for my/our problems.

In the USA it has lead to a who DEI industry starting in the universities but expanding to government agencies and now the corporate world.

Racial group vary in how they perform; but it is not divided on colour. In the UK for example, Chinese/Indians will out perform most other groups, Blacks of Caribbean descent will out perform those from African etc etc.

Its got nothing to do with institutional racism and everything to do how different cultures places values on two parent homes, education, hard work etc etc.

Why bother with all that when modern "liberal" culture rewards you for being a victim.

The ironic thing is that its incredibly racist; who only got this college place/job because you are black not because of your ability/hard work.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,542 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I for one will be ignoring this one and any report she publishes etc and I will be advising my wide circle of friends, family and acquaintances both sporting and work, to fully ignore her.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,157 ✭✭✭Be right back

I would love to ask her if things are so intolerable here, then why stay here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Large bottle small glass

No need to do anything back home so here to spread the word; almost 100% black Nigeria is free of any racial or ethnic tensions😕

• Registered Users Posts: 7,338 ✭✭✭prunudo

Shouldnt really be surprised, its typical of our current government and how they react to problems. Hiring someone who shouts the loudest and sees bad in the majority of Irish people and situations, this will end badly.

But at least their buddies in the media and left wing ngo's will high five them for job well done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭gw80

I have to laugh whenever I see statements like this.

Can only be said by people who have not been around travellers to the point of them being fully comfortable to speak "normally".

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭gym_imposter

CRT is a brainchild of the Frankfurt school, mostly a baby of Jewish intellectuals way back when

• Registered Users Posts: 5,935 ✭✭✭Cordell

Because her own people among who she grew and lived until she was 32 are worse than the racist whites from racist Ireland. In that part of the world racism and tribalism is real.

Someone should suggest to her that is what she should do!!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Oxo Moran

One day, after much more study, she'll realise the system isn't racist based on skin colour, just rigged to suit certain people from certain families.

I can't see this being positive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Oxo Moran

Agreed.

We should expect that numerous state bodies already have policy initiatives to combat racism. These kind of posts are mostly for optics, but its a good gig if you can get in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

I'm looking to be educated here, but what has she actually said in the past that has everyone so annoyed?

I'm not disagreeing or doubting- its just i hadn't really heard of her before.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭DaithiMa

Her most recent stunt was claiming the statues outside the Shelbourne Hotel should be removed because they depicted slaves and were racist. They weren't.

She also claimed that a hotel or restaurant in Galway was racist because she was mistakenly served Ribena instead of Red Wine.

I'm sure there's a few more that I can't recall.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Robert Nairac

Country is lost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭lmao10

Imagine the amount of racism she receives from the 0.4%. Just look at this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭lmao10

Whenever you hear "Frankfurt School", you know you're talking to the same types who use the word "woke". "Jewish intellectuals" lol. I'm surprised I didn't see "Marxist" there also.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Soc_Alt

Hopefully in the future, politicians are voted in that will cancel these type of positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭HBC08

There is a very small number of racist people in this country,Ebun Joseph is one of them.

I thought this was generally accepted even by the likes of RTE who had subtlety phased her out over the last few years.

Ebun Joseph being put in any sort of position of influence is not a forward step for race relations in this country.

Just, wow.

https://www.image.ie/self/dont-feel-guilty-for-being-white-do-something-with-it-dr-ebun-joseph-speaks-out-202411

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭techdiver

People wonder why the "far right" are gaining in Europe and in America they are going to elect a criminal, racist scumbag to be president again. The snake is eating its own tail here. We risk losing many of the progression we have gained over the years due to the insistence on fringe ideology that is being shoehorned as mainstream.

If anything is to blame for the rise of the far right it's the far left types. Whilst the rest of us in the middle with common sense are drowned out by the ideologs on the extremes of both. The irony being that the majority of people (in Ireland at least) align with many of the left wing ideologies but if you don't drift far left enough you are branded far right.

Question immigration and you are a racist. Conversely, if you don't agree to a complete border shutdown the far right types will claim you want mass uncontrolled immigration. Express concern, that it might be a bad idea for biological men to complete in sport against females and you are a far right scumbag transphobe. What does that result in? A feeling of castigation and isolation that breeds resentment and in many cases (as we are seeing in Europe and America), a drift to the far right.

You can't tell me that all these people who now vote far right in France, Germany and America who were previously middle of the road voters, were always that way inclined and all of a sudden their prejudice rose to the top? I think not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,019 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Ireland is a racist Country. Very, in fact.

But also, Ebun Joseph is not the person to chair such a group in the fight against it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭batman_oh

She's utterly awful. A professional victim who hates white people and now we are paying her to tell us how despicable we are.

Ireland is one of the most welcoming countries in the world!-

So much so, many ppl would say we are overly welcoming and a “soft touch” to grifters, con artists with made up sob stories, and lazy uneducated slobs who want to leech off our welfare system.

Ireland is far, far from racist as a country!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Lads ye can dismiss this one at your pearl, but she's a nasty dangerous lady, happy to dish out the sh#te to us who pay her way, but clutches at her pearls when confronted about some of the crazy stuff she comes out with, an absolute grifter, race baiter at it's best.

Surely It should not be taboo to report facts ?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Soc_Alt

No more racist then every single other country the world.

One in five people living here were born overseas, strange stat in light of your comment?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,714 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Should be easy to cite the racism in this thread then...

Glazers Out!

what was that story involving this one being served Ribena in a hotel (by mistake) and then she accused the hotel of racism and tried to get it cancelled?

Do I have that right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,714 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Seemingly grape flavoured drinks are associated with black people in America to a point where it is deemed offensive.

Ribena is a similar colour and therefor serving Ribena (or more likely a generic blackcurrant cordial) caused offence in a hotel bar a few years ago. I'm guessing the person serving Ebun Joseph was as clueless as most people in Ireland to this faux pas but they were painted as having gone out of their way to cause offence regardless.

Glazers Out!

Advertisement