Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canadian Tourist assaulted in Dublin dies in hospital

Options
  • 02-07-2024 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭

What an absolutely horrific thing to happen. What must people think of us as a nation in light of these ongoing violent attacks on tourists in our capital?

"By Paul Reynolds

Crime Correspondent

A 41-year-old Canadian tourist who was assaulted in Dublin nine days ago has died in hospital.

Neno Dolmajian, who was from Montreal, was attacked on O'Connell Street in the early hours of 23 June.

He sustained serious injuries and was taken to the Mater Hospital, where he passed away this afternoon.

His parents and sister who had travelled from Canada were at his bedside.

Mod - Before the courts. Closed

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2024/0702/1457751-neno-dolmajian/

Glazers Out!

Post edited by Ten of Swords at

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭Jizique

shocking, RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Shelga

McEntee will go for another stroll down the street and tell us we’re imagining it all?

Condolences to that poor man’s family, utterly horrific what is happening on our streets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭squarecircles

its making international headlines, slowly the reality that dublin city centre is a dangerous filth ridden kip is dawning on an international audience…which is the only positive to gleam from these revolting incidents.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,383 ✭✭✭AllForIt

This is truly horrific news.

But shur don't be too concerned about it, it happens in other European cities as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Baba Yaga

poor guy RIP….but sure not to worry,someone will be along any minute to tell us how great the place is and sure it happens in port au prince,haiti too…

"They gave me an impossible task,one which they said I wouldnt return from...."

ps wheres my free,fancy rte flip-flops...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,338 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Another notch on Helen Mcentees belt.

What an utterly useless politician she is.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,004 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Very sad. R.I.P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Quitelife

Sad day for Dublin when Tourists are getting killed by the Scum …make a lot of Canadians think twice about coming to Dublin which will impact honest businesses in Dublin city centre who pay taxs to pay welfare for the scum destroying dublin city centre & other cities like Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,503 ✭✭✭✭walshb

awful awful news.

unless your looking for drugs Dublin City centre is to be avoided .

• Advertisement

Headlines on Canadian TV - Politicans and Judges of Dublin City centre hang your heads in Shame!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭Jack Daw

McEntee and Harris should both be gone by this evening.

Their lack of action over street crime in the city centre when they have had enough warnings over it is simply despicable, it's been a complete dereliction of duty from both of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭McFly85

The poor man, RIP to him and I hope his family are getting the support they need.

Our capital depresses me more by the day. It’s become a total kip. Might be safer during the day but it’s still not a place you’d want to spend any time in that you don’t have to.

Everywhere has crime, but Dublin is surely the worst capital in the EU. We show no civic pride at all, O’Connell St and its surroundings are plagued with dereliction and drug use. The red line luas regularly has junkies screaming at each other with no security in sight.

The whole area needs regeneration and investment.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,158 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

This is really disgraceful but unfortunately it's not surprising.

Our country has a big issue with Gardai resources and it's all down to this government. FG over the years have destroyed the numbers of Gardai in our country.

At least Dublin Gardai have 24/7 stations where as must Rural Ireland have stations closed or only open certain hours, it's pathetic

You have a Commissioner which the rank and file do not support what so ever. Garda resignations surge to record high which is going to leave a huge hole in experience and resources.

I'd also add the Gardai have enough on their plate than cleaning up this Governments messes like immigration.

Alan Shatter and Fine Gael destroyed many towns & Villages in Rural Ireland in 2013 vwhen they closed & Downgraded so many Garda Stations…..Rural Ireland is a criminal or Drug dealers paradise with no garda station for many many miles to protect people.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭susan678

Wrong.

She will got for a stroll surrounded by Guards and media during daylight hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Robert Nairac

Resign Helen

• Registered Users Posts: 33 joebert80

McEntee is doing a disservice to the country the longer she stays in her post. She is not competent for the position she holds and needs to get real and step a side.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

Safe city though, according to Comical Helen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭StrawbsM

Rest in peace. Another senseless death on the streets.

I thought this would be the top story on 6.1 news

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Baba Yaga

we need more gards simple as and many more out on the beat,actually walking around,24 hours a day,would nip the likes of this in the bud…speaking of which,wasnt there supposed to be a new station opened up,with great fanfare i might add, on that end of oconnell st?or did i just imagine that?

"They gave me an impossible task,one which they said I wouldnt return from...."

ps wheres my free,fancy rte flip-flops...?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,143 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I lived in Dublin for many years but I don't even like visiting the place now. I will only go there for rare work meetings or to a match in Croker. It has changed a lot and just comes across as menacing and grubby. The government have ignored the stagnation for far too long.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,559 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

What a shithole country we live in. My god it has gone to piss.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement