Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Awaiting dyspraxia diagnosis.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jeni359

@cailte I totally identify with your post. Currently awaiting an official dyspraxia diagnosis but I am in perimopause. My symptoms have got much worse in the last year.

As it’s an old post would love to know how things are for you now? And any advice about coping with dyspraxia during perimenopause is welcome! I also suspect I could have ADHD.

Post edited by jeni359 on

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Mod - Welcome to Boards, OP. I have moved your post to a more suitable forum.

I think it is better to start with your own thread. Just to note also that it is against the charter in PI to ask for updates.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

Had dyspraxia as an 8 yo. Supposedly grew out of it. Got lambasted by fourth class teacher for it but in saying that she was kind hearted on other respects regularly asking about my dying aunt with cancer who passed after the end of the junior school year .

I'm now 52.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jeni359

Sorry you didn’t get the full support you needed @z80CPU especially when diagnosed so young. Your teacher does sound caring though.

It’s a shame that people think dyspraxia’s something you can grow out of. You must have developed good coping mechanisms. Is there anything you still struggle with?

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

Jesus, yeah - the time when a physical classroom course on python became basically a Massive online course or mooc due to COVID basically caused me to loose a grand because I don't do well in environments like that and failed the final exam but let's leave it there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Babyreignbow

Have a relative diagnosed ASD with dyspraxia at 13, can't give anymore information than that but I think it's a common comorbidity associated with adhd. As an aside, I watched a really good episode of Diary of CEO recently discussing the effect of meonpause/perimenopause on the brain. It is almost 2 hours long but even with my own limited attention span watched every second of it, it's fascinating.

If a thousand suns were to rise
    and stand in the noon sky, blazing,
    such brilliance would be like the fierce
    brilliance of that mighty Self.”

Advertisement