Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insuring a car that has been declared off the road

Options
  • 02-07-2024 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

Hi, I was out of the country for the last year, and declared my car off the road on motortax.ie before leaving and before the tax ran out. To be best of my recollection and searching my emails, I didn't receive a receipt/email confirmation from the Motor tax website. Now I'm trying to insure my car again, and as it is 18 years old, I'm finding very few companies who will insure it, and AXA, who gave me an initial quote, are saying they will not insure it without written confirmation that it has been off the road. Will the tax office issue this to me? Anyone been in this situation before?

Many thanks,

Sean

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭fitzgese

I should add that the insurance also expired a few weeks after the tax in July 2023 and I did not renew it at that point.

Advertisement