Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Numerical Reasoning Assessment

Options
  • 02-07-2024 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi

Have applied for the Executive Officer competition in the Civil Service.

Stressing about the numerical reasoning assessment. Has anyone used websites offering teaching or tips and advice on how to work out problems?

Or any recommendations for online teachers offering grinds?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭64869923

https://www.publicjobs.ie/en/information-hub/our-recruitment-process/test-advice

Down the bottom of the link page is an EO test. I believe it has everything with the exception of the essay portion of the test. Double check though as I'm some randomer on the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 sohara00

Dont stress about it. Its just reading charts and graphs its not bad at all.

For the first 5 minutes of the exam focus on remembering which data is in which of the tables so you can swap to it quicker to get the information you need.

Also for the other assessment, remember that "cannot say" is a legit answer.

There will be questions like "X company sells products in Japan" and the information your given will say something like "throughout countries in asia" and that's a cannot say answer. Lots of people fail because they think cannot say is the "i dont know" answer but its a legit answer since if you said yes to that question above you'd be wrong because you'd be assuming japan is one of the countries in asia it sells in. And make sure you focus on words like "only", "never" etc, definitives, thats how people get screwed over. Ive passed every single test top 10% and coach people ive worked with through them and thats what i always teach them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

So is the answer I cannot say if japan is in Asia, we know Japan is but cannot say if japan is.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Advertisement