Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rights on a product bought on Amazon.

Options
  • 02-07-2024 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭

I bought a pretty expensive kettle (£72) on Amazon.co.uk on july 12 2022 (so just under 2 years

I've been noticing it acting a little odd recently where it would jump between temperatures too quickly, but it was functioning ok.

But this evening I boiled the kettle and it didn't seem to turn off until I manually stopped it.

I'll keep an eye on it over the next day or two, but I'm just wondering what my recourse with Amazon will be if it is faulty?

The kettle has a 1 year manufacturer warranty, but I would expect a £70 Breville kettle to last longer than 2 years. If it was an Irish retailer I'd be happy to down the SCC route, just wondering what the process is with Amazon now? I'm hoping it doesn't come to that but I want to have it in my back pocket when I do get on to them

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

there's no better customer service that amazon one plus since they sell to EU countries the 2 year warranty still applies

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Toranaga

They'll get you to return it and will refund you.

It's painful enough getting on to them but pain free once you do.

Advertisement