Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minecraft account lost?

Options
  • 03-07-2024 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I purchased Minecraft a few years ago to play with my niece and nephew who live abroad. This weekend, after three years without playing, they asked me to play again. To my surprise, I found that my account no longer exists, and I would have to purchase a new license. Apparently, Microsoft purchased Mojang Studios, and it's no longer possible to migrate accounts as the deadline was December 2023. They suggested I purchase a new account.

Imagine if they sell again a license for 3% of people who already purchased, as they already sold 300 million it would be 9 millions and the revenue would be around 270 million just with this scam.

Am I the only one who finds this absurd? I already purchased the game, and they have a legal responsibility since they acquired the studio. Is there any way to fix it without buying it AGAIN?

Advertisement