Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demineralization? Erosion?

Options
  • 03-07-2024 4:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Greetings :)

After a general cleaning, I was hoping that this yellow spot on my molar along the along/close to the gumline would go away, but apparently the dentist didn't touch it. The picture is a bit difficult to capture this, but is this a demineralized area (which would explain why he didn't touch it)? I looked up some pictures of demineralized enamel, and the color looks different from the area of my tooth. All the pictures seem to suggest a chalky-white color is what we look for, but mine doesn't look chalky at all. It looks a bit more yellowish than the other areas of that tooth. When I touch it with my nail gently, it almost feels softer than other areas of the tooth.

Thank you, I would appreciate any input!

Advertisement