Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas Meter Moved

Options
  • 03-07-2024 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭

Have a gas meter still in house under fitted kitchen , house has an alley so big long copper pipe coming from it go front , I wanted it out outside the front etc , is it a big job do I have to get GSN to do it ?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭torrevieja

Anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

How long is a piece of string type of question.

Not the type of work I do so can't advise on the price. You will need an RGI plumber. Board Gas has to come out & inspect it before gas is turned back on AFAIK.

Rather on board members, who can't inspect the job, giving advice, why don't you get two or three RGI engineers to quote you for the job. They will tell you how easy or difficult it is & a rough idea of how long it will take to complete

• Registered Users Posts: 15,953 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I had this done last year. I did it (think I had to!) via Gas Networks Ireland who moved the external piping and installed the outside meter. They had to dig up a bit of the driveway and a trench to the path outside the house. The path was dug up too. They reinstated everything to (I thought anyway) a high standard, no complaints anyway re the brick driveway. The RGI had to come out and do the internal pipework, and approve it and send the report to BG - that's my recollection anyway. It cost around €800 and whatever the RGI cost can't remember that bit.

Had to do it to get new kitchen and downstairs loo installed. Worth every penny.

https://www.gasnetworks.ie/home/gas-meter/how-to-move-your-meter/

• Registered Users Posts: 5 sjones12121994
    Plumber

Yes, moving a gas meter outside is a significant job and must be done by a licensed professional, usually through your gas supplier or a company like GSN. They will handle the necessary permits, safety checks, and ensure compliance with regulations.

Advertisement