Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picking up at Malahide?

Options
  • 03-07-2024 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭

hi all

have to pick up my daughter and friend from SZA later, any tip on how to approach this? where to meet them? pick up points? etc

ive been to few gigs there but i certainly was'nt driving, i just followed the masses to the train

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Griff77

It is probably easiest for you to meet them in the village. Maybe say The Grand Hotel. This way they can follow the masses through the castle and continue through the village to the hotel. There is a large car park there too

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭robbe

Think it depends on where you are coming from/heading to…..if meeting after the concerts they close off the main Malahide Rd so getting back through the village and out (say) onto the M50 would be tricky if meeting on the Grand Hotel side, albeit if heading back towards Baldoyle/Howth etc that would be perfect. Somewhere off the Yellow Walls Rd which runs close to the castle, not blocked off has a few places to park up and wait for someone. It's about a 15-20 min walk depending on where manage to find parking. Plus as the Malahide Rd is blocked off the normal volume of through traffic is not there and getting back towards the M1/M50 is pretty straightforward. Good luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

cheers

im coming from rathfarnham

• Registered Users Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

well that was horrible

two and a half hours door to door, no phone signals, couldnt send pins on maps etc. daughter couldnt find me and i couldnt go to her with road closures, ended up telling her to get the dart to Portmarnock and got her there

cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement