Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Export plates in Germany

Options
  • 03-07-2024 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all,

I wonder could someone throw some light on how you go about getting export plates to bring a bike home from Germany.

I understand the owner deregisters the bike but what then and roughly what it costs. Buying privately, Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Itineoman

When I did this many years ago the seller came with me to the registration office and we did the paperwork together. Then I took out money at the ATM which was conveniently located alongside and went next door to the plate manufacturing place and paid them in cash for the plate/insurance. I’d ask the owner to help out if they can as it would make the process a lot easier. It took about half an hour start to finish. But that was 2006 so maybe things have changed in the meantime. Can’t remember what it cost but it wasn’t huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭gossamerfabric

• Registered Users Posts: 6 seract

Thanks for the reply. I'm sure it probably not much different now.

Advertisement