Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Disinfectant for crypto shed

• 03-07-2024 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭

HI folks, I had an ou break of crypto in the calving shed this year, I have the sheds power washed spotless

I need to disinfect now ,just wondering what people use , what product and how its applied.kenocox was 1 suggestion, or if anyone has any other tips on hygiene

Also someone mentioned to me about a vaccine for crypto, anyone any experience of it yet. Tia

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

Kenocox is good. Best is to steam clean the shed twice, with a gap of at least a month, disinfect twice and give the shed a good rest to air out before the next calving. Get rid of any timbers the cows and calves could come in contact with. Worked for me but had to go this way for 3 years

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Alibaba

I put down an awful Spring with the fec##ng thing as well , never had anything like it in years and years.

Power washed the shed spotless also and disinfected with Cyclex a few weeks ago.

Got it a the local co-op. Am hoping this will work now.

Read somewhere a while back there was to be a vaccine this year but don't hear anything about it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭jd06

Ya, desperate spring here too, hoping to get it right for next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭DukeCaboom

We lost an awful lot of calves this year from it. The mistake we made was the calf shed was never empty last year. We kept 8 late calves in it till a fortnight before the main herd stated calving in JJan.it kept the crypto alive from one spring yo the next. Our vet said wash out the shed and leave it empty for a few months.

Advertisement