Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Older" people have joined Reddit

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭con747

People over 25 are now old…..

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Yes, the quarter life crisis is real.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,085 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Reddit is almost 20 years old now. A 20 year old at launch is now almost 40 years old.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,860 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

From Pew Research:

https://www.pewresearch.org/internet/2023/12/11/teens-social-media-and-technology-2023/#:~:text=YouTube%20continues%20to%20dominate.,%25)%20and%20Instagram%20(59%25).

I think Reddit will avoid the fate of Myspace and Digg for quite a while yet but it's very much a relic of the previous generation's mores with regards to the internet. People seem to want quicker hits and less faff and that's what TikTok and Youtube shorts provide. Surprised to see Facebook hanging in there though.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭fuzzy dunlop

Old people are the future…..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭amacca

This is probably a badly thought out post ...from an older person

But I wonder will there always be a baseline cohort that gravitate towards a message board/reddit scenario

It has advantages over tok tok...in that you can have more of a debate, things are searchable. As you get older it might be more about getting answers to questions/researching (things like finance/pension etc....things that don't lend themselves well to quick hits with videos etc

The "yoof" of today may evolve towards less 30 seconds shorts etc as they age

I'd wonder if Facebook hanging in there due to marketplace to a degree too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

That Ireland Reddit is full of absolute ballbags.

Advertisement