Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Need Advice: Reliable Car for 7k Budget (Baby on the Way!)

Options
  • 03-07-2024 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi lads!

I'm looking for suggestions on buying a reliable car that would cost me around 7k (8k at a stretch). I was quite in love with the MAZDA CX-5 2.2, but after reading this forum, I realized I might fall into a trap with the engine issues.

I'm expecting a baby this year, so it must be spacious enough to fit a baby trolley in the boot. Any recommendations? I'll mostly be using it to commute to work and for driving around the city. I’ve thought about a hybrid car, maybe even an electric one like the Leaf, but I'm not sure about the repair and maintenance costs, as well as the insurance.

I'm quite clueless when it comes to cars, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a million!

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭walus

Most cars from the size of a compact up (i.e. golf and bigger) would have no problem accommodating a family 2+1 tbh. You don't need to be looking at an SUV just because the baby is on the way. All the baby gear (buggies etc.) folds pretty nicely and would fit into most boots.

In my experience if you want a reliable car look at Japanese brands and petrol engines with low mileage if possible.

”Where’s the revolution? Come on, people you’re letting me down!”

Advertisement