Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child Minder - How much to expect to pay?

Options
  • 04-07-2024 8:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Hi,

Just looking for opinions on how much to expect to pay a childminder for two half days.

Childminder will be collecting from Montessori (about a 2min walk from their house) at 12:30, and my child will be collected from there between 16:30/17:00. Childminder will be providing dinner.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

where are you based? can be a big difference between cities such as Dublin and rural; Is she minding other kids and maybe including her own. You are probably looking at about €6 per hour and extra for dinner. You need to ask her how much she expects too. Iron out all the details - like are you paying her until 5pm irrespective of whether you pick the child up at 5pm; will you still send you child to her during school holidays and if not do you pay her or do you have a term time agreement. Will she take him/her when sick etc.

good luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Sixtoes

Dublin min €60 per day for those hours. €12p/hr and extra for meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭aj89

Yeah we are outside of Dublin.

It's a family friend, who has a child very close in age to mine. They will also be minding one other child on one of the days that my daughter is there.

Advertisement