Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV service for an elderly person

Options
  • 04-07-2024 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭

My 88 year old brother's Sky TV was changed from Sky+ to Sky Q. He has vision problems

and he cannot managed to new remote and software.

Does anyone know of a simpler system that he can have installed?

He as a satellite dish and Fibre to the Cabinet broadband.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭swoofer

That is a bugger. by changing to sky q, SKY change the lnb and the box I could suggest wont work, did you cancel sky q and are you aware the sky q remote can be voice controlled?

Its possible to configure an enigma 2 box so that if you knew all the chaneels he watched you have it so that button 1 opens rte1, 2 bbc1 and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭fuse

I ditched Sky after we got the new Sky box last year, it's awful and half the channels are pushing for subscription but still show up.
    Got Saorview and Freesat set up with a edision box. Pretty simple setup.
    The installer mentioned that he does a lot of setup in old folks home and always uses Walker TVs for them because they combine the Satellite and Saorview in a simple way and remotes are basic…

Advertisement