Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV service for an elderly person

• 04-07-2024 1:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭

My 88 year old brother's Sky TV was changed from Sky+ to Sky Q. He has vision problems

and he cannot managed to new remote and software.

Does anyone know of a simpler system that he can have installed?

He as a satellite dish and Fibre to the Cabinet broadband.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 c2r

A lot of newer tv and satellite software seems to be quite complicated for some, particularly older people to manage. It basically depends on what channels he wants to receive I guess and if saorview is accessible in his area also.

You could get a freesat box to plug into the tv, but you won't get RTE on that, if that's a requirement. As I said in another thread, I've got a Humax Foxsat HDR and the interface on that is relatively straightforward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,594 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

A Walker TV might be an option, all channels on a single list. No subscription channels.

A single r/c for all channels, satellite channels can be arranged as required

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭bido

I'm also in that position 76 year old got sky q. I dont get many channels as i have the basic sky package. My question is how to get free to air on a q box is it possible.?

Advertisement