Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mod removing posts

• 04-07-2024 3:46pm

I’d like to bring this to a public forum instead of PM, as they will go nowhere, as the mod in question has said that’s the end of it, so I doubt I will get a response anyway

In relation to this thread

I quoted the mods exact words (cut and paste) and then he denied saying them, and then removed this post!

The mod in question is DBB, He knows what I am talking about!

He said to respectfully disagree with other posters, which I did, it just happened to be him I disagreed with, and then he did the above?

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

BTW DBB has removed all his posts in relation to me now ..

Shameful that’s mods don’t seem to be held to the same standards they enforce..

I’d like an answer to this?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,518 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

What ban or infraction are you disputing?

the mod said to respectfully disagree with other posters, which I did, but it happened to be him I disagreed with.

As DBB has removed his posts now you will not see it in the thread. He asked that I PM him, which I did but his reponse was not to question a mod action.. I could t care less about his action, what I disputed was his reasoning which involved a lot of assumptions.

The term hunter freak was used in reference to hunters going abt shooting anything for fun (cats in this case). He assumed this was not the case, and that all hunters on boards are legit and do not do this, how does he know?

Then he removed his post where he said he didn’t say that?

and you won’t see the infraction as he removed it!

what I said was In Relation to what was being discussed in the thread, so can’t be ruled out just cause it was an action against another poster? His reasoning did not hold up.. it was based on assumptions!

• Advertisement

??

• Administrators Posts: 14,396 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

You were not issued with a warning so there is not dispute to resolve. The moderator gave an instruction, not a warning. It is a site wide rule that you do not question any moderator instruction on thread. It is off topic.

I am closing this thread as you are not disputing a warning. You have contacted 2 moderators of the forum who have explained to you the sequence of events. You may not like the rules, but it doesn't mean the moderator behaved inappropriately.

Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement