Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bordeaux- Jets

Options
  • 04-07-2024 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I’m currently in Bordeaux. Seeing huge amount of jets not sure if they are military or not. Seeing 10-12 per day, some go off in formations. Pretty cool and sounds amazing. Does anyone know more information on this? Is it the French military? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Are you in the city or somewhere outsde it?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭banie01

There's a big French Air Force base at Cazaux. If memory serves, it's also home to a Singaporean training squadron.
    Given that you are seeing some formation flights, I'd hazard that military training is ongoing as Civilian/Commercial types rarely undertake formation flights.
    If you can grab a photo or give a time, I'm sure someone can narrow down what you saw.

You might see something familiar on the Cazaux military flight tracker

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭whodafunk

thanks for the response. Yes that is exactly it as I got speaking with a local earlier who said it’s a large military base.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

A great place - I was at an air show there many years ago. There were Singapore A-4 Skyhawks based there then - since replaced by M346 Masters.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/24101413@N03/albums/72157625678284678

Advertisement