Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blathnaid Raleigh

Options
  • 04-07-2024 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

I live in the Midlands of Ireland. I just feel really heartbroken about the Blathanid Raleigh sexual assault case. It was a shocking one.

The taoiseach, simon harris, has just said that men in Ireland need to help change attitudes towards women in Ireland. He said that there is an epidemic of gender based violence in Ireland.

I was wondering what your thoughts were on all of it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I don't know any women who don't have stories of harassment, groping or sexual assault. I remember a girls night when the conversation started and we were all left in shock at how endemic it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Feets

Men cant fully get what it is like to be a female. I feel females are more scared than males for many reasons. Men also dont want to be aligned with violent men. So I feel it is not fully discussed or recognised as I dont believe men, young or old have these conversations with their peers. Noy sure anything will change

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭con747

I will have to disagree with that statement "I dont believe men, young or old have these conversations with their peers" If I see someone or hear of someone harassing anybody I let them know it's out of order. I think it's more of a what I was taught as a child a long time ago, respect all people and definitely respect your elders or you got a slap on the back of the head!

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Titanium11

Men also need to stand up to their friends on whatsapp chats.

There's a lot of talk about women being objects/ just for sex on male group chats.

One of my male friends actually showd me one whatsapp male chat as he wanted me To see a picture on it.

He scrolled up a bit further than he meant to, and Jesus the things they were saying about women on it, were absolutely shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

The depravity of certain WhatsApp chats was revealed in that trial including certain Ulster rugby players

• Advertisement
Advertisement