Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest place to source 1 tonne bags in Dublin?

Options
  • 04-07-2024 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭

Where can I get 1 tonne bags cheapest? Need them for temp storage as I'm digging up the garden and need somewhere to pile the soil I dig up.

Cant leave piles on the ground as its all pebbles and want to keep it soil free.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

Look on adverts.ie - I think they generally come up for free

• Registered Users Posts: 69,004 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Definitely adverts, or local Facebook freecycle type spaces. I have thrown out a few over the years - most domestic consumers that get them don't need them after using the contents!

Even do a "looking for" post on local Facebook groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Ha, the one time Facebook might actually have been useful, I left it long ago :)

Will check adverts… maybe even someone on boards.ie has some?

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭chrisd2019

For such a task you do not need a new bag, try some nearby constructions sites, where such bags are used for material delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,085 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Tonne bags are a real pain to fill by hand, maybe cutting the handles off helps.

Consider just laying down a tarp instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Dr.Tom

Turn them inside out so the stitched corner seams are on the outside. They will stand of their own accord then.

A new yellow Skippo bag will anyway.

Nah, the verticality is the main benefit. Otherwise it will spill out to around 2 or 3m square.

I'm in no rush to fill or empty, but don't have the space for a pile, but do have space for a ton bag.

The handles are useful too to pull up the bag as it fills and falls to one side

Post edited by mrcheez on

Seem to be a good few on adverts, thanks for the tip

Got no response so instead scoured around 7 building sites...most had none or were using them, one guy even threatened me to get lost lol

But eventually found one who has one today and another on Monday :D

Advertisement