Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sim Based wifi dongle for travelling

Options
  • 05-07-2024 8:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I’m going aboard on family holiday and am looking to get a Sim Based wifi dongle for travelling, saw some on amazon but don’t know if they are any good… don’t have much experience in this area… any suggestions or recommendations?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭wandererz

I have this.

It's easy to use. People mention the limitation of 8-10 hrs of battery time but that's constant use. And doesn't take into account that one may have a portable charger or that one can plug it in to charge while using.

TP-Link M7000 4G+ MiFi, Portable Travel WiFi, Low Cost Unlocked LTE-Advanced Cat4 Mobile WiFi Hotspot Dongle, SIM Card Slot, High Global Compatibility, Easy App Management

https://amzn.eu/d/0icW8b4i

• Registered Users Posts: 8,460 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Honestly, i just use a network unlocked mobile phone , shove whatever cheapo sim you need into it ,and turn on the hot-spot ,

Even better if you've a 5g phone and there's a decent 5g signal , ( no guarantee especially if youre out in the sticks)

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭tom23

cheers that’s a sound idea might just buy a cheap android phone and a sim

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭tom23

Advertisement