Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How often to get Skoda Octavia 1.6 diesel serviced

Options
  • 05-07-2024 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

Hi, I’m just wondering how often should you get 2016 Skoda Octavia 1.6 diesel serviced? I do a lot of mixed driving town/motorway. As I understand 15,000KM seems to be the rule of thumb.
    I was speaking to a man the other day who has a 2014 Skoda Octavia 1.6 diesel with 360,000 KM the clock and he was saying to me that he get his serviced every 10,000KM and the car has gave him very little trouble as a result.
    I wouldn’t mind reducing the service intervals from 15000KM to 10,000KM if it is going to be that bit more beneficial to the car thus prolonging the life of the car and reduce breakdowns, as a plan on keeping the car for the next 6/7 years and it has 200000KM on the clock.
    what’s your thoughts? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭BlakeS94

15k is fine, 10k is better. Oil is cheap, engine replacements aren't

I change mine every 10k, good branded oil with OEM filter.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

15k is fine, the oil is designed for 30k servicing, but there’s no need to be doing every 10k

• Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭orm0nd

I read somewhere that modern oils work best after a certain period of time, so changing too often is actually worse for the engine.

This might be utter bull%^~t. but iirc the author was pretty knowledgeable in a lot of things he wrote.

Advertisement