Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dispute

• 05-07-2024 10:56am

Was advised to ask this here by @Big Bag of Chips

Hopefully I will get more assistance here

I’d like to bring this to a public forum instead of PM, as they will go nowhere, as the mod in question has said that’s the end of it, so I doubt I will get a response anyway

In relation to this thread

• I posted a reply to a mods post / instruction (mod = DBB) that was left for another user, pointing out that his reasoning was flawed, based on assumptions. The term hunter freak was used in reference to hunters going abt shooting anything for fun (cats in this case). He assumed this was not the case, and that all hunters on boards are legit and do not do this, how does he know?
    • He issued me an instruction to not reply to mods in a public forum.
    • I quoted the mods exact words "Please be aware that it's a requirement of this forum that posters are respectful towards one another. If you're disagreeing with others, please do so respectfully.
    • My reply was respectful and just pointed out the flaw in his reasoning
    • Then another mod (Hellrazor) blindly supported DDB and also issued an instruction (he admitted to me in PM that he didnt have a clue what the context was)
    • DBB then advised that he did not say the above (regarding respectful replies), and then subsequently removed this post :) stating the feeble excuse as hellrazor had replied he removed his own comment. I find this weird, why would a mod who actually understands the context remove his instruction and the mod who doesnt understand the context be left there..?

BTW, I have PM'd both mods and didnt get anywhere…

Its just seems mods have a 'do what I say, not what I do' attitude, and not being able to question a mods reasoning is bizzare.

So can I please get an answer to why he removed his post? Secondly how he knows that all hunters on boards are legit?

You may think it is petty, which it is, its just the way mods act really rile people up… you need to have a more reasoned approach..

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• not one response.. which I assume was the mods intention all along.. give me the run around, not addressing my complaint, hoping that it goes away..

not surprising really

@Big Bag of Chips what do you suggest I do now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,265 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Perhaps there are no replies because nobody sees the issue the way you do. You made a, let's say, controversial comment. And, regardless of whether you agreed with a Mod's reaction to it, you ignored a Mod instruction and replied in the thread. You should have done what anybody else would have done and PM'd the Mod.

As for it riling people up. You mean it riles you up. No offence but the vast majority of people here just post, discuss, advise etc. without having any such issues or being too bothered by others having spats with Mods.

I only bothered replying because the thread popped up on the home page and you seemed to be disappointed that nobody replied.

• I was told by a mod to post in this thread as I posted in dispute resolution which he said was wrong.. only following what mod told me to do..

So you think mods deleting posts where they contradict themselves is ok, that mods are Infallible and not to be questioned is ok?

Fair enough, each to their own, but I don’t!

And their are a lot of posters who are not happy with mods, I got PM’s from other disgruntled user in Relation to this... all you have to do is read some posts In The Helpdesk to get a sense of this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭This is it

You didn't ask me, but I'll answer. I'd suggest you relax and give mods, or whoever else, a chance to respond.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

The mod responded to a post I reported as it contravened site rules.
    You repeatedly questioned the mod’s action in the thread which is also against site rules.
    There is a procedure in place for these things in order to keep it from becoming unusable. You ignored that procedure multiple times.
    Seems pretty clear cut to me.
    Mods are volunteers and take time to respond sometimes, they have lives outside boards and I’m sure one will be along at some point.

• Advertisement

• just to be clear, I expect a mod -/ admin to reply.. to resolve my concern!

Not really expecting random posters to be able to help.

But as I said this was their intent to give me the run around and wash it away! Like most grievance policies- just lip service..

• will wait and see then :)

To be fair, I have been following procedure / site rules for the past 2 days and am getting nowhere..

Anyway I dont expect to get anywhere.. the whole point of my tirade..

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Ill answer you since you are insisting a mod replies.

Firstly you were given instructions by a mod on thread not to question mod decisions on thread which you then continued to do.

Secondly you were told to take it to private message which you did not do - you posted two more times after DBB had asked you to take it to pms.

The post was reported for "questioning a mod decision on thread" and I acted on it.

Now youve also misrepresented myself in your first post on this thread.

Then another mod (Hellrazor) blindly supported DDB and also issued an instruction (he admitted to me in PM that he didnt have a clue what the context was)

This is completely untrue.

Here is the contents of my pm to you.

You ignored mod instructions on the thread and then continued to post twice after that.

To be honest I havent read the entire thread but your posts after DBB warned you were reported for ignoring mod instructions on thread - thats a site wide rule.

DBB asked you to take any further grievances to private message and you ignored it.

HellRazer.

So the context of the tread is of no relevance to my warning to you on thread - its quite simple really - a mod warned another poster not to post on the thread again and you quoted the mods post with your own take on it. That in itself warranted a thread ban for questioning mod decisions but DBB was content to let it slide and warn you on thread in a nice way.

So I really dont know what you want out of this thread. You broke the rules and my decision stands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,972 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Content deleted

• A now post your entire PM, why did you leave out the first sentence? Which including not reading the entire incident implies you dont know the context and blindly backed up another mod based solely on forum rules.. so if your telling me context has nothing to do with it, then what can I say!

Anyway couldnt care less about any instruction / warning or whatever.. thats not what my concern is, I thought I made it clear in the OP what questions I wanted answered:

He clearly removed his post because he contradicted himself, and the second question is relating to unquestionable mods, even if their post is unrealistic → how can he know, does he now them all personally, to say that they are all legit?

I wasnt questioning the infraction (or whatever terminology you would use to describe it), I was questioning his statement that they are all legit, seems far fectched to me..

I'd also like to point out that my post was NOT derailing the thread as it was very much on topic 'Cats shot by neighbour', so talking about hunters etc was very much on topic!

Seems mods are fixated on rules and will not give any leeway under any circumstance, good way to avoid having to answer for themselves / claims they make..

Run outta steam at this stage, I know I wont get answers so whats the point..?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

I’m taking serious offence at your continuous questioning relating to hunters. Why do you single out hunters?

Do you apply the same logic to people posting in the driving forums?
    Its bizarre!

Like I said in another thread, if you have concerns about hunters please air those concerns so we can address them.

In reality the mod of course can’t know that all hunters have the correct licences but if what is being posted by those hunters on boards is correct then that is the end of a mod’s concern.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

You kept responding to a mod on thread after you were instructed to take it to PM. That's all there really is to any of this.

Your last post just makes it clear that you don't actually have anything to dispute and this is just some lame attempt at a petty gotcha rather than anything genuine.

This "dispute" is now resolved. Do not start another thread about this nonsense.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement