Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AL Compensation

Options
  • 05-07-2024 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,601 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all, I know bits and pieces of this may have been asked and answered elsewhere on the side and if so please feel free to merge in with those.

Has anyone yet submitted a claim for compensation from AL due to the industrial relations that are on going there. We were due to go on a flight less that 1500 KM next Wednesday, flight was cancelled and we've been rebooked on a flight 12 hours later.

We are okay with the later flight however it has caused some distribution to our plans.

I would like to claim for compensation but obviously undertake the flight.

I have looked on the AL site and there is a form to claim compensation where you are presented with the legs of the flight you have booked as well as the people booked on each leg.

What is showing up for me now is the flight we have been rebooked on, the earlier flight is no longer there. I assume I should claim against this flight and mark the reasons as cancelled flight however the button at the bottom of the pace to submit is titled 'claim refund'.

So, has anyone claimed compensation via this form recently, has anyone here claimed compensation recently in a similar manner(prior to the flight) and what guidance has anyone got on this?

We are due to fly back another week later and are hoping that flight won't be effected.

Post edited by Tenger on

Advertisement