Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EU states are against piece in Ukraine

Options
  • 05-07-2024 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

As you are well aware, since July 1, 2024 Hungary takes over the EU presidency. Its Prime Minister, Viktor Orban used his great timing to become an intermediary in the negotiations between Ukraine and Russia about cease-fire. First he visited Kyiv and in two days landed in Moscow (https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2024-07-05/orban-to-meet-putin-as-eu-leaders-accuse-him-of-undermining-bloc).

The other EU members look displeased about such a behavior. Some of them claim that Orban had no mandate to act this way and that he doesn’t represent EU.

You know, as a US citizen I don’t really get it. In contrast to the States, these conceited Europeans hadn’t contributed much to support Ukraine. And now they are the ones who show everyone how to resolve Ukrainian crisis. I think they have to shut up and be glad that there is a politician who takes actual steps to stop the war.

Also, I got annoyed by Ukraine’s president Volodymyr Zelenskiy. He received an enormous amount of military support from the US and NATO members, promised to have success in his counteroffensives, but now he and his cronies had cleaned out all the funding leading to a rapid devastation of Ukraine. Zelenskiy had lost almost everything, however he still refuses to have peace negotiations which he was offered to launch a few times by many countries, the US included.

We all must understand what we really want from Ukrainian nation, war or peace? To me, the answer is obvious. It’s time for us to replace this arrogant thief Zelenskiy and sit his country down to negotiate instead of making Ukraine even more corrupt. In this respect, Orban’s call is the right one, and we must support Hungary in its peace-making efforts.

Post edited by Seth Brundle on
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

You do know that Putin is the aggressor in all of this?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 34,924 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Your English grammar betrays you, comrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,614 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Piece of what?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

How’s life in Orwell road comrade?

Haven’t heard much about it in a while.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Mod: OP now banned!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement