Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dani Olmo!

• 05-07-2024 10:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭

I touched on this on the Euro thread, but I actually think this guy needs a thread of his own. He must be the most underrated footballer in football history, abroad and in his home nation. He's never spoken about as one of the best in the world, nor ever was when he was breaking through, despite him probably being, as ridiculous as it may sound, the best player in the world.

If people think back to the last Euro's, Spain were in chaos, this guy nearly beat Italy by himself. He's been far and away their best player for years, and has carried them. Their management decided to bench him for tiki taka footballers of late, but when it doesn't happen, who do they look to? Always Olmo to pull them out of a hole. He did it again today, everything positive Spain did was through him, and he won them the game. The difference in intent, urgency, direction, Spain and Leipzig have, to when he does and doesn't play is worlds apart.

He's the complete player. Vision, pace, playmaking, strenght, he has it all. He pulls the strings and controls the tempo. The Spanish management is a farce, and if he starts on the bench the next day, particularly after how he single handedly won them the game today, is crimianl.

We don't talk about him, never have, but he's probably the greatest and most industrious player in world football. He's an incredible talent, who carries his club and national team to greater heights, generally single handedly, every game he plays. He did it again today, and it's about time he gets the recognition he deserves!

Post edited by artanevilla on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

The lack of responces to this is indictive of the point. Why is this guy continually ignored in world football, overlooked as one of the best?

And we talk about players not performing on the big stage for their country, Olmo actually gets better. Not once, has he failed to produce the goods for Spain when called upon. The only man who carries the fight for them every match!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,258 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

i'd like him at utd if they were to offload bruno to saudi as per some reports today.

Gavi, Pedro, Yamal, Rodri etc seem to get all the plaudits. The reality is, they're all flakey. Olmo may not have the flair, but he's the complete player, and far more effective, as he shows everytime he's on the field. The rest of the forward Spanish players were carried by him, as usual

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Rodri is the main man in the Spain team, just like he is at Man City.

Thats no slight on Olmo though who did well when he came on yesterday. I still wouldnt have him ahead of any of the attacking three mind. Probably play him as a false 9 ahead of Morata though.

He needs a move to a top club this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Lad GAGA

He was outstanding yesterday from the minute he came on. I haven't seen a huge amount of him but am always impressed when I do see him play. As you say he has a bit of everything and has scored some huge goals for Spain. Have also been very impressed with Ruis in this competition. That Spanish midfield of Rodri, Ruis and Olmo is the best in the competition by a long way.

• Advertisement

People also forget, he carried Leipzig on his back to a Champions League semi final!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

I will say one thing on Dani, he's had some season.

I was in Germany last August with a house full of Bayern fans, all turning up to see Harry Kane lift a bit of silverware in the German Supercup, in the Allianz Arena. 90 minutes later however, and Dani has scored a hat-trick, and its a 3-0 win to RB Leipzig.

This is the amazing thing, he rarely has a bad game. And the bigger the occassion, generally tends to flourish. He's led Leipzing to multiple trophies, led them to a European Cup semi final which everyone seems to have missed, and carried Spain for years.

He is the fulcrum who pulls the strings and does everything. I said before a ball was kicked, he needs to play if Spain want to win the tournament. When in need, he pulls it out of the fire for them again!

No one is operating at his level, week in week out, he's more industrious and involved in every match than anyone else. Yet continually seems to go along with no credit or acknowledgement. And wait and see, he'll beat France by himself tomorrow.

As I said, he's actually probably the best player in the world, and has been for some time, but gets no credit or plaudits from the football community at large, and is roundly ignored! Even in his home country. I can't make sense of it

The best player in the world doing it on the big stage again. Never fails to perform when called upon? How many other players can say that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Surely a decent move on the cards for him this summer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Olmo is a serious player tbf but...

Is this his boards.ie burner account?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,258 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

wonder if anyone will make a move for olmo in the coming days. not great timing given spain play in the final sunday.

€60m release clause into Dani Olmo’s contract at RB Leipzig expires on Monday, July 15.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

"week in week out" "involved in every match"

Really?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

When he said "he rarely has a bad game" that could be true. Leaving out the word "bad" - it could also be true.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Mod: Closing this. We don't need a thread on Dani Olmo. More suited to a personal blog.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement