Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RCT Withheld on Form 11

Options
  • 06-07-2024 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, can anybody help me on where to enter the figure I have been withheld throughout 2023 on my Form 11 on the Self Assessment section?

I have paid 35% on all payments throughout 2023. My amount of tax payable for 2023 is lower than the total amount I have been withheld for 2023. So where do I enter my withheld figure in the self assessment section of Form 11? Is it ©(iii)?

Thanks to anyone here who may be able to help me!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Just to be clear, when you say 35% withheld, does that mean 35% was withheld by principal contractors on payments to you? If you were the principal contractor and have paid the 35% then this was a reduction in payments to your subcontractor and you are owed nothing back as should have paid the subcontractor the 65% balance

If you are the subcontractor you should really look at why your rate is 35% and rectify this. In the main section of ROS you will see a 'manage RCT' section and you will be able to see the reason why your deduction rate is 35% and you can then file whatever returns is outstanding, it is typically the VAT RTD that is causing people to have a non zero deduction rate

Also in the manage RCT section you will be able to download a summary of all deductions here and it will likely tally up to what you are seeing on the Form 11, this can give you a chance to see what the differences are to what the tally should have been, perhaps some were 2022 or 2024 deductions?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭BhoyRayzor

My understanding is you file your Form11 as normal irrespective of any RCT withheld and any liability is automatically offset with the RCT on credit for you from the corresponding period. The balance then would also be offset if required or refunded if not.

https://www.revenue.ie/en/self-assessment-and-self-employment/rct/credit-for-rct-deducted-and-offsets.aspx

Advertisement