Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online posting the showing of GAA matches in a (licensed) GAA clubhouse?

Options
  • 06-07-2024 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,414 ✭✭✭

I'm told by our club secretary that this in not allowed by IMRO. Seems bizarre, can anyone clear this up?

Post edited by Dr. Nick on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,414 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Soryy, to clarify, by 'advertising', I mean posting on FB/Insta etc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭batistuta9

what exactly isn't supposed to be allowed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,414 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

IMRO scan social media, and if you advertise music for instance, they come after you for fees

From what I know, we (the club) pay IMRO a basic annual fee, €100 or something and if we're seen to be advertising anything (live music for instance) we have to pay the next level, whatever that is.

I'm arguing with our secretary that advertising/posting that a live hurling match will be on tv in our hurling club surely can't contravene these rules

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭batistuta9

IMRO are for music, nothing to do with TV so I'd agree with you.

the basic fee the club is paying is likely for having a radio or anything the can play music, you'd probably need the dearer licence if there was live music gigs in the clubhouse. nothing to do with advertising it though, just them looking for money

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Magilla Gorilla

Not just music. Some years ago I was a manager in a very busy public (county council) office. We had a TV which was on Sky News permanently, just to ease the boredom as people waited. IMRO billed us. I rang them and queried it but got nowhere. I ended up paying, much to my dissatisfaction.

• Advertisement
Advertisement