Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extractor fan placement in bathroom

Options
  • 06-07-2024 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭

I’m renovating a bathroom. The far wall has a cold attic behind it. I built the wall to the right which splits the room in two, creating a storage room to the right. All walls have 100mm metac. The shower will go in the corner on the far right, under the extractor. Where should I move the extractor to? If I move it to the left, then

it will be much lower. Will it be less effective then? I could put it in my new wall instead and connect it to the attic using a pipe. Does that make more sense? Will get an electrician to connect it to the correct light switch but what are the rules with regard to its placement with respect to water sources? A sink will go on the new wall with a mirror with a built in light to light the room.

Comments

Advertisement