Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ros model agency Dublin

Options
  • 06-07-2024 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello, I would be grateful if you let me know if you know a Ros model agency in Dublin? I have mixed feelings because I send emails to agencies with my photos. A woman from this agency named Gabriela Ajauskaite contacted me to say that she was interested and when I could talk to her. I replied that I was interested and after some time from the same email I received a message also from Gabriela but with a different name, which was strange. She said that she was sending me a contract that I had to sign with her agency. It just seemed suspicious to me. She didn't even ask me for a meeting. she didn't want to see me in person, she just sent me the contract and gave me my photos for the casting. A few days ago I received a message that I had been booked and I had to wait for further information. She wants to take 60 euros from me but she said she can take it from my first job. I will be grateful for any information.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,530 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Sounds like a complete scam.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

It's a scam, I suggest you block them

I also suggest in future you setup a separate email and social media presence for modelling work which you can easily ghost if you get a bunch of scammers or freaks contacting you

Finally, do not meet anyone from any "agency" in a private location, make sure it's somewhere public like a cafe and bring a friend along to make sure everything is above board

If that's not possible, make sure you tell a friend exactly where you're going and when you'll be leaving with clear instructions to call the guards if you don't contact them after a certain time

For added effect, call them as you're going into wherever the agency is and end the call with something like "yeah I'm at (wherever you are) for the thing with (person you're meeting). I'll be done in an hour and I'll call you then"

That'll hopefully put anyone looking to scam you on the defensive since they'll know that a third party now knows exactly where you are and who you're with and is expecting you to calm them soon

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 3,645 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

I don't know about their practices, but I can see the trading name was registered in 2015 and then incorporated in 2020, so from a cursory look, it looks like a legitimate company. The only stand out thing is the name ROS MOEDEL MANAGEMENT is the individual trading name and is registered to Galway, whereas the RÓS MODEL MANAGEMENT is registered in Kilmainham. Search CORE for yourself. https://core.cro.ie/e-commerce/company/1254635

The €60 could be their sign up fee that they are willing to take from the first job. Phone up and ask for references and other models details if unsure, or just go somewhere you are sure is on the level.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 2 wat91

thank you all for answers. This case didn't look good from the beginning. It's the first time I've heard of someone sending out a contract right away and finding a modeling job so quickly.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement